The Polish Federation of Cattle Breeders and Dairy Farmers (PFHBiPM) is supporting the genetic improvement of 9 breeds in Poland. PFHBiPM is providing services to more than 20,000 farmers, including herdbook, milk recording, type evaluation, genotyping and advice to farmers.
The Cattle Genetics Laboratory of the Polish Federation of Cattle Breeders and Dairy Farmers is equipped with the latest research equipment designed to perform animal genotyping by using microarrays, according to the highest global standards. Breeders who order a heifer or a cow genotyping service are provided with advice including interpretation of results and assistance in practical use in breeding work in the herd. The data obtained from genotyping are used for estimation of genomic breeding values as well as for pedigree verification.
- Headquarters: Warsaw, Poland
- Members: > 11,000
- Live Holstein cows in Poland: ~ 2 million
- Holstein cows in milk recording: 691,836 cows in 20,063 herds
- Red Holstein cows in milk recording: 30,959 cows in 10,329 herds
- Holstein insemination in Poland: 1, 340 834
- Average milk production (305 days) Holstein: 8,519 kg milk, 4.15% fat, 3.37% protein; Red Holstein: 7,679 kg milk, 4.15% fat, 3.43% protein